Starting a Company
WARF recommends faculty entrepreneurs follow the steps below when licensing a technology from WARF to start a company. These steps are explained in greater detail in the following pages.
Please note that WARF must receive an acceptable business plan and a startup application from your company for approval before agreements can be finalized.
Steps to Obtaining a License
Before meeting with WARF
- Determine feasibility of proposed company
- Identify which founders will actively participate in startup company
Contact WARF licensing manager to
- Request a standstill period, if desired
- Complete and submit full business plan and startup application
- Engage in discussion and negotation
WARF responds with follow-up actions
- Approves and executes final agreements
- Monitors agreements with your company on an ongoing basis to provide additional support and ensure obligations and milestones are met