Mission, Vision & Priorities
We promote, encourage and aid scientific investigation and research at the University of Wisconsin–Madison and the Morgridge Institute for Research.
- We help commercialize the technology arising from that research for the benefit of humankind.
- We invest the proceeds of our commercialization efforts and use the added value from our investments to promote, encourage and aid further scientific investigation and research at and within the University of Wisconsin–Madison and the Morgridge Institute for Research.
We provide the margin of excellence the University of Wisconsin–Madison needs to fulfill its role as a 21st century leader in research, discovery and innovation.
Our strategic priorities are to increase WARF’s assets and revenues; enhance UW–Madison’s competitiveness; sustain WARF’s strengths; and promote, encourage and aid scientific research and investigation.
- As part of its stakeholder focus, WARF will develop more robust, open and accountable relationships among the university, the Morgridge Institute and WARF. At the same time, WARF’s activities will strengthen relationships with campus investigators and commercial partners.
- WARF’s operational focus revolves around responsible stewardship of internal resources and efforts to move the Morgridge Institute for Research toward organizational and financial success.
- Through its focus on financial stewardship, WARF aims to support investment portfolio growth to ensure capacity to meet commitments; improve commercialization effectiveness; and increase opportunities for revenue growth from technology commercialization.