Investing in Excellence
How Does WARF Benefit UW–Madison?
WARF seeks to balance the needs of today with the needs of tomorrow. In accordance with our mission, we support today’s researchers through our investments of expertise, funds and time, while ensuring support for future generations of innovators.
Over more than 90 years, WARF has provided:
- more than $2.3 billion to UW–Madison and the Morgridge Institute for Research in the form of direct grants (adjusted for inflation)
- more than $200 million to faculty inventors (adjusted for inflation)
- more than $400 million of in-kind support over the last 15 years
Highlights for fiscal 2016-17
WARF supports the university through an annual base grant, department royalty shares and special grants as resources allow. These dollars are used to:
- recruit and retain faculty
- fund cutting-edge campus infrastructure
- support entrepreneurship education and much more.