Commercialization, investment efforts combine for strong fiscal 2012-13
With strong results from the technology commercialization and investment teams, WARF's fiscal 2012-13 performance promises to enhance the university's research enterprise and sustain its competitive edge in years to come.
Among the highlights from operations for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2013:
- Total revenue from royalties and licensing — $95.3 million.
- Inventor shares paid to UW–Madison inventors — $19.7 million.
- Income net of fees from investment portfolio — $109.6 million.
- Total grants to UW–Madison — $71.6 million.
- Other support provided to UW–Madison — $38.2 million.
- Grant to the Morgridge Institute for Research — $15 million.
Audited results for the year, including an unqualified "clean" opinion from the independent auditors, showed WARF with total assets of $2.62 billion, including its $2.35 billion investment portfolio, as of the end of June.