WARF Discovery Challenge
Promoting cross-disciplinary collaboration among
The WARF Discovery Challenge is a two-part research competition open to graduate students and postdoctoral researchers from all departments.
Part I: Research Symposium — April 6, 2016
The poster symposium brought researchers together to exchange ideas and identify potential cross-disciplinary collaborators. Several cash prizes were awarded. Download the poster abstracts.
Posters were judged by an interdisciplinary panel of faculty, students and UW–Madison and WARF staff according to the following criteria:
- How well the presentation described the project and the need for collaboration to advance its goals
- The potential of the project to lead to significant advances in the field and/or significant impact on society
- Innovation and creativity
|Congratulations to the 2016 winners!|
Compete for research awards of up to $7,500
Teams of scientists submit original, collaborative research ideas, and the winning proposals receive a research award to fund work on the project. Winners also have the opportunity to present their work at the 2017 Discovery Challenge Research Symposium.
- At least one team member must have participated in the April research symposium.
- Teams must include collaborators from different disciplines.
- Applications must be submitted in fall 2016.