WARF Discovery Challenge
Promoting cross-disciplinary collaboration among
The WARF Discovery Challenge is a two-part research competition open to UW–Madison graduate students and postdoctoral researchers from all departments.
Compete for research awards of up to $7,500
Teams of scientists submit original, collaborative research ideas, and the winning proposals receive a research award to fund work on the project. Winners also have the opportunity to present their work at the 2017 Discovery Challenge Research Symposium.
- Collaborate across campus and learn about other projects
- Gain exposure for your research program
- Opportunity to win $7,500 for your research
- At least one team member must have attended a qualifying event.
- The research symposium on April 6.
- The networking happy hour on June 30.
- The coffee and donuts event on August 2.
- Teams must include collaborators from different disciplines.
- Applications must be submitted by September 16, 2016.
Part I: Research Symposium — April 6, 2016
The poster symposium brought researchers together to exchange ideas and identify potential cross-disciplinary collaborators. Several cash prizes were awarded. Download the poster abstracts.
Posters were judged by an interdisciplinary panel of faculty, students and UW–Madison and WARF staff according to the following criteria:
- How well the presentation described the project and the need for collaboration to advance its goals
- The potential of the project to lead to significant advances in the field and/or significant impact on society
- Innovation and creativity
|Congratulations to the 2016 winners!|