Two fully outfitted functional teaching labs are available to promote hands-on experiences for learners of all ages. The second floor lab is designed for physical sciences (chemistry and materials science) and the fourth floor lab is equipped for biological activities.
- Labs are located on the second and fourth floors
- Features state-of-the-art equipment, including scientific equipment on loan to the teaching labs from various companies
- Features a ceiling-mounted proejctor and 12×8 ft projection area
- Includes a main laboratory space, a support room and a breakout area for discussion
- Features large windows and adjustable smart shades
Included in Room Fee
- Built-in HD LCD projector and projection screen
- Breakout space seating 16 within the room
- Designated, convenient restrooms adjacent to the room
- Event and AV personnel to help you get started at the beginning of your event and on-call support during your event
- Elevator access to and from the second and fourth floors
- Signs at the first floor elevators directing guests to your room
- Courtesy phone to call for assistance should you need staff support during your reservation
All activities in the teaching labs must adhere to general laboratory safety guidelines. All activities must be supervised by personnel certified in laboratory safety requirements consistent with UW–Madison guidelines. In the event that a potential user group does not have such certified personnel available, the user group may request supervision by teaching lab staff at an additional charge. For further questions, contact Town Center event staff.
Activities involving chemicals or biological agents may be subject to further safety requirements.