We are temporarily suspending new Town Center space application requests due to staffing constraints. If you would like to reserve a conference room (for up to 14 people) in the Town Center, you may do so by contacting Becky Balistreri directly Monday-Thursday at [email protected]. For all other space requests, you may add your name and event date and details to this wait list. When we resume application processing, we will process applications from the waitlist in the order in which they were received.
Two fully outfitted functional teaching labs are available to promote hands-on experiences for learners of all ages. The second floor lab is designed for physical sciences (chemistry and materials science) and the fourth floor lab is equipped for biological activities.
- Labs are located on the second and fourth floors
- Features state-of-the-art equipment, including scientific equipment on loan to the teaching labs from various companies
- Features a ceiling-mounted projector and 12’x8′ projection screen
- Includes a main laboratory space, a support room and a breakout area for discussion
- Features large windows and adjustable smart shades
Included in Room Fee
- Built-in HD LCD projector and projection screen
- Breakout space seating 16 within the room
- Designated, convenient restrooms adjacent to the room
- Event and AV personnel to help you get started at the beginning of your event and on-call support during your event
- Elevator access to and from the second and fourth floors
- Signs at the first floor elevators directing guests to your room
All activities in the teaching labs must adhere to general laboratory safety guidelines. All activities must be supervised by personnel certified in laboratory safety requirements consistent with UW–Madison guidelines. In the event that a potential user group does not have such certified personnel available, the user group may request supervision by teaching lab staff at an additional charge. For further questions, contact Town Center event staff.
Activities involving chemicals or biological agents may be subject to further safety requirements.