An Accelerator Program Technology
Innovative Framework for Optimizing Cloud Computing
The WARF Accelerator Program speeds commercialization of UW–Madison discoveries that have been patented by WARF by providing targeted funding and expert advice from seasoned business mentors known as Catalysts.
WARF Accelerator support helps inventions achieve technical milestones and advance to the marketplace. For a summary of the exciting discoveries that have been selected for development, please see WARF Accelerator projects.
An extremely valuable and unique asset of our Accelerator Program is the guidance provided by our exceptional team of Catalysts, assembled from a wide range of industries and fields including startups, Fortune 100 companies and the investment community. Many of our Catalysts are highly successful UW–Madison alumni or leaders with strong ties to Wisconsin. They work closely with WARF staff and UW–Madison principal investigators to select the most promising discoveries for inclusion in the program and to help guide these technologies toward commercial success and real-world impact.
The WARF Accelerator Program targets five market focus areas, with some technologies covering more than one area:
- Clean technology
- Computer sciences and information technology
- Food science
- Medical devices and in vitro diagnostics
We selected these markets based upon:
- UW–Madison's proven world-class research capabilities and strong portfolio of patents in these areas;
- The availability of relevant industry expertise from our Catalysts; and
- The potential for growth in these markets as indicated by investor and private-sector company interest, new product introductions and new company formations.
We invite you to learn more about the WARF Accelerator Program through issues of our newsletter, Accelerator Pipeline. Our WARF Accelerator Program team welcomes the opportunity to answer questions and provide further information about this exciting initiative.