Wednesday, November 18, 2020 | 2 P.M. CST | Virtual and Worldwide
Get an inside look at UW-Madison products, services, and technologies that will shape the future of our world at this virtual pitch event.
This 60-minute event will include four quick pitches, glimpses of cherished UW-Madison places, people and traditions and a moderated Q&A session.
WARF Accelerator Quick Pitch Lineup
- Rendering Reality: Enhancing Virtual and Augmented Reality
Kevin Ponto (Department of Design Studies – School of Human Ecology)
- Wearable Tendon Force Measurement System to Improve Sports Rehabilitation and Performance
Darryl Thelen (Mechanical Engineering – College of Engineering)
Peter Adamczyk (Mechanical Engineering – College of Engineering)
- Cost-Saving Dairy Protein Separation
Mark Etzel (Food Science – College of Agricultural and Life Sciences)
- ECMO Simulator for Lifesaving Oxygenation Procedures
Erick Przybylski (Simulation Center – School of Medicine and Public Health)
2019 Innovation Day Technologies and Results
WARF Accelerator Quick Pitches
WARF Innovation Awards
An independent panel of judges selected the Innovation Award winners from a field of six finalists drawn from among approximately 350 invention disclosures.
Simplified optical hardware for quantum computing
Mark Saffman (physics) developed a technology, which was recently licensed to ColdQuanta Inc. and improves an apparatus for particle trapping, which will reduce the cost and complexity of next-generation quantum computing devices (brief inventor video, technology summary)
Contact Emily Bauer for Licensing information.
Microfluidic tool for mapping how bacteria interact in microbiomes
Ophelia Venturelli, Philip Romero, Ryan Hsu and Jin Wen Tan (biochemistry) for a technology that provides the ability to investigate these interactions on a large scale, which has implications from personalized medicine to improved food safety.
(brief inventor video, technology summary)
Contact Jennifer Gottwald for Licensing information.
- Shannon Stahl, Hao Luo (chemistry), – One-Step Process to Generate Lignin-Derived Aromatics from Raw Biomass: brief inventor video, technology summary
- Brian Martinell, Michael Petersen, Edward Williams (Wisconsin Crop Innovation Center), Frank McFarland, Nathaniel Schleif, Shawn Kaeppler, Heidi Kaeppler (agronomy) – Improved Extraction and Preservation of Pathogen-Free Maize Germplasm: brief inventor video
- Bhuvana Krishnaswamy, Yaman Sangar (electrical & computer engineering), – Power-Saving, Data-Transmitting System for Wireless Remote Sensing: brief inventor video
- Ari Rosenberg (neuroscience), Brittany Travers (kinesiology), Adhira Sunkara (WiSys), – App for Stratifying Autism Spectrum Disorders: brief inventor video, technology summary