Science on the Square / Madison Night Market Fusion
- This event has passed.
October 22, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join us for one fantastic night that blends science with downtown Madison businesses!
Back for its fourth year, the ever-popular Science on the Square event is fusing with the Madison Night Market to create a unique way to explore hands-on science activities while also supporting local businesses and vendors. Learn more about the science that surrounds us every day.
Outdoor STEM-themed activities will mix with Madison Night Market vendor tents throughout State Street. Be sure to check out these other great activities throughout the event:
- Scavenger Hunt for hidden Beesly (the Wisconsin Science Festival mascot)
- Deeper than Data podcast – Chat with Ben Rush for your chance to earn Downtown Madison prizes!
- Grab a special slice of “Mushroom Magic” pizza from Ian’s Pizza (100 State St.) – in honor of #WiSciFest and this year’s focus on fungi! Features duxelle (ducks-SELL or DUKE-sell), a mushroom puree cooked with onion, garlic, parsley and thyme!
- Madison Children’s Museum: Free Family Night featuring the Dane County Trash Lab and hands-on demonstrations about recycling technology presented by UW-Madison Center for the Chemical Upcycling of Waste Plastics.
- Stumble into Science (6-8 p.m.): Grab a beverage and geek out about science with a scientist at select outdoor cafes and streateries!
- iHeart Media stage with 96.3 Star Country’s DJ Chelsey on the top of State St. near the Capitol.
- Live physics demonstrations (6 and 7 p.m.) with Haddie McLean and Wonders of Physics
- Sip and Stargaze with UW-Madison Astronomy on the rooftop at Parthenon Gyros (8-10 p.m.).
The Wisconsin Science Festival and the Madison Central Business Improvement District are proud to bring you an event you won’t want to miss. Join us in downtown Madison on Friday, October 22, for fun for all ages plus tons of great giveaways and discounts! The Madison Night Market starts at 4 p.m. and Science Festival activities begin at 5 p.m.