Animals, Agriculture & Food
2018 Sweet Corn Inbreds
Inventors: William Tracy
The Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) is seeking commercial partners interested in developing a new set of inbred corn lines with desirable flavor and texture characteristics.
UW-Madison researchers have developed a new set of inbred corn lines with desirable traits such as high sugar content, creamy texture, tenderness and excellent flavor. Some lines also have attractive and high-quality purple color.
- Incorporating the breeding lines into breeding programs to develop and commercialize corn hybrids
- Production of fresh market hybrids
- All lines have been tested in multiple inbred combinations for at least three seasons
- The lines are competitive with or exceed the performance of commercial lines
- Visually appealing corn with high quality characteristics