CONNECTING STARTUPS TO OUR NETWORK OF RESOURCES
Our commitment to moving emerging technologies from the university to marketplace doesn’t end with licensing agreements. We further the support of UW-Madison technologies by educating university inventors, accelerating promising ideas and funding startups.
WARF supports and accelerates startups through direct investments, local partnerships and support of programs and events.
Starting a Company
We work with startups to license promising university technologies from WARF. Our staff lend their intellectual property and licensing expertise to our startups.
ACCESS TO EXPERTS
- Discovery to Product (D2P) Mentors in Residence
- Law & Entrepreneurship Clinic
- Business School Clinic
- UW-Madison Innovate Network
INTERNAL FUNDS/DIRECT INVESTMENTS
- WARF Ventures
- Co-investment program
- Seed funds
VENTURE CAPITAL PORTFOLIO
- Local partners (4490, Venture Investors, gener8tor’s accelerator fund)
- Regional partners (Baird Venture Capital)
- National partners (Versant Venture Capital, 5AM Ventures, True Ventures)
- WI Venture Capital Association (WVCA)
- WI Tech Council (WTC)
- Association of University Tech. Managers (AUTM)
- University Research Park (URP)
- MERLIN MENTORS
WARF Startup Portfolio
Startups play a key role in developing technologies, especially in the early stages and for inventions that may not have established markets.
WARF is working with about 70 active UW-Madison startups from biotechnology and medical devices to telecommunications, small molecule pharmaceuticals and software.